You may have already heard this and I might be confirming what you already know: if you’re not using social media then you are doing your organization a disservice. With statements like that, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But let’s be honest social media is geared toward 16 year olds but now the entire success of your organization hinges on platforms that have made puppy faces popular?
Don’t fret! We’ve got this awesome Social Media Starter Kit free download that will help you become a Social Media Master in no time. Start here by downloading our free kit and then check out some other awesome resources below!
Who are you? What is your business about? Most importantly, what do you want people to know about your organization? Your message or your brand is what you want to communicate to potential customers as well as the market in general.
- Personal Branding 101: This is a great article from Forbes about personal branding. While we’re talking about your organization, all of these tips can be applied to your organization’s brand as well.
- How To Craft Compelling Messages
Those who fail to plan, plan to fail. A good social media feed is curated- it doesn’t just happen by accident. You have to be intentional with every aspect of your posts. There are so many social media scheduling tools to assist you, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Coschedule Our blog curator Maci uses this as a great calendar management software for our blog and social media needs. Keeps you organized, accountable and prepared.
- Eight Top Social Media Schedule Tools
3. Captions / Copy
You’ve got your message, you’ve got a schedule, and now it’s time to iron out what you will say. The most memorable captions walk the fine line between self-deprecation and wit. Toss in a pop culture reference and you’re sure to be a winner. If that’s not you, being clear over cute always wins. In the generation that gave birth to Twitter and TLDR, you need to cut to the chase.
This tool tags and classifies your post so that users can easily find your post. It is an invaluable asset for social media users to create exposure for their posts.
- Basic Hashtag 101 can be found here, it’s an oldie but goodie.
- How Hashtags Can Drive Sales can be found here.
In the era where we can carry cameras in our back pockets, there is no excuse to post bad photos anymore. Modern phones have cameras that rival digital cameras. And apps can take your photos to a professional level in no time. Because of this, you are equipped with the tools to post professional level photos. Here are two great resources that will help you post and share like a pro.
- Simple photography tips can be found here.
- How to order your photos for maximum impact can be found here.
Download our Social Media Starter Kit to keep in your back pocket whenever you find yourself needing a social media kick in the pants or a refresher on the basics. If you’re already using social media for your organization what are some the basics you find yourself going back to that we may have missed? Comment below!